As a lifelong writer, my ultimate goal is to help people and business
expand their world and improve their lives with the written word.
My specialty is creating compelling material for the jewelry design, pet health and travel industries. In addition I’m available to assist small businesses and entrepreneurs with marketing, sales and corporate communications writing projects. I can quickly understand and distill the most complex information into easy to understand materials that grab attention and get customers to take action.
Creating Powerful Content For:
– social media
– marketing promotions
– public relations campaigns
– sales tools
– in-house corporate communications materials
– product packaging, datasheets and handbooks
– political campaigns
Developing Compelling Editorial Content For:
– Internal/External Corporate Publications
– Marketing Communications Campaigns
– Travel Guides and Entertainment Coverage
– Investigative News Feature Articles
– Website Content Development
– Product Overviews and Reviews
And Offering Assistance With:
– Copy Editing, Proofreading and Editorial Research
– Search Engine Optimization Knowledge
– WordPress Blogging Platform
If you’re looking for an experienced, deadline-oriented writer with a wealth of editorial experience in subjects ranging from travel to animals to technology, let’s talk. Together we can turn your material into compelling, informational pieces that inspire others to act and help you meet your financial goals.
Writing, editing and content development; corporate communications writing; event planning, fund raising campaigns, public relations assistance, packaging, travel guides, feature writing, website content development, product overviews and reviews.
Are you ready?
Let’s talk about your project needs today.
Current Editorial Projects
Founder and Advocacy Journalist, Tripawds.com 2006 – Present
Founder and Adventure Travel Writer, LiveWorkDream.com 2007 – Present
Contributing writer, Lapidary Journal
Contributing writer, Escapees Magazine
Contributing Writer, National Parks Traveler
Columnist, RV Life
Columnist, Do-It-Yourself RV
Columnist, Eureka Times Standard, 1998 – 2009
Advocacy Journalist and Co-Founder
Tripawds.com, Nov 2006 – Present
Tripawds® is the largest and oldest online support community for animal amputees and their humans. We better the lives of pet parents around the globe by sharing legitimate, scientific and helpful information about life on three legs. Each day our dedicated pet guardian members come here to participate in discussions about pet health, comfort and mobility.
Founding Partner & Chief Communications Strategist
Agreda Communications, 1998 – Present
- We provide successful marketing communications campaigns for worldwide client base of small businesses, government organizations and non-profit entities.
- Skilled at distilling complex information into compelling product literature for target markets
- Strengths in facilitating and implementing client’s sales and marketing campaigns
- Designs, manages and implements project editorial direction
Tripawds Etsy Shop, 2011 – Present
- Designer of custom metal jewelry for pets and people.
Marketing and Business Development Associate
The Understanding Business, San Francisco CA, 1996 – 1998
- Supported company design director, CEO and information design team by acting in multiple roles of marketing, editorial and administrative assistant.
- Provided effective copy writing, editing and proofreading services for corporate communications tools including training guides, external product literature and sales and marketing campaigns.
Fundraising & Development Assistant
San Francisco Community Clinic Consortium, San Francisco, CA, 1994 – 1995
- Achieved notable increase in public awareness for the agency through effective editorial copywriting
- Created successful fund raising materials, conducted grant research, developed grant proposals
- Orchestrated multiple donor solicitation campaigns and cultivated new funding sources.
- Advocated for health care services for underserved populations.
Education & Affiliations
Toastmasters International – Member
Redwood Technology Consortium –Eureka, CA – Member, 1998 – 2009
B.A. in English (with journalism emphasis) – Chapman University, Orange, CA